"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Friday, November 25, 2011
My first quilt project
This assumes that there will be another one.
This Thanksgiving I am in Charlotte at my roommate's aunt and uncle's house. We were here last year and her aunt gave me one of her beautiful quilts that she had made. She is an amazing quilter. The quilt she gave me last year is hanging on the wall in my living room. I wanted to learn how to quilt because I thought I would really like it. But of course I don't have anything that you need to do it.
So her aunt asked me if I wanted to learn how to use the sewing machine and of course I said yes. When we got upstairs to do what she calls "commit fabric" I had no idea that I was actually picking out fabric to make an entire quilt. But make a quilt we did. I cut, sewed, cut, pieced together and sewed almost all of the quilt above. We don't have time to finish it up while I am here so she is going to finish it up for me.
I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment