So I am here on night one of a family trip up to Traverse City Michigan for the Thanksgiving holiday. Right there you should know that bad things are about to happen. Family and trip.... Anyway, 12 of us from my dad's side of the family, including my dad are here. And no, nothing bad has happened, just saying, these two words don't necessarily go together. To be honest, all I really want is for my meds to kick in so I can go to sleep. That's all I really want. I just want to go to sleep. I've nearly resigned myself to this meds taking thing. Nearly. It's not that this trip won't be fun, it's just that, to be honest, I have mixed feelings about being here. We did this four years ago and we had fun. But the circumstances are different.
Four years ago I drank. And it wasn't that I drank excessively on that trip (or ever really for that matter), it's just that it was a non-issue. It might be a non-issue this time, but it might be an issue. I don't know yet. I can say that I haven't been to a meeting in three and a half weeks. Gasp. I know I know, I need to go. I just haven't felt like it and once you break your routine of going, it's hard to get it going again. And the reason I haven't been posting - I haven't felt like doing that either. Mostly because I just don't have much to say.
Anyway, yesterday I drove from Chicago home to Michigan. Today we drove to Traverse City. Three cars, caravanning (I don't think that is a word). I am in the middle trying to follow my brother and not lose my dad. My brother drives fast, my dad incredibly slow and I'm stuck in the middle with one eye on each of them. At one point I lost my brother completely (what did we ever do before cellphones) but eventually we all got back together and made it here.
We rented a house for the weekend. The house is nice. I'll post pictures when I get back home. There will be game playing, lots of food, more game playing. It should be fun. I'm leery of the drinking and was obsessed with having the Internet while here. Because no, I can't disconnect from you dear Internet for 4 days. In fact, I was so obsessed with having Internet that I was prepared to buy a new computer if that is what it took to have it. It didn't - instead I procured a Sprint Internet card - that I can return cause I have 30 days - which didn't work on either of my computers, but I convinced my work to override the security and load it for me.
So, here we find ourselves. The other part of the reason I haven't been blogging is that I really feel I need to start over. I need a new blog. I started this blog when I had breast cancer and when AA was more the center of my life. Neither of those things are true but this blog is tainted by them. Or so it seems. Anyway, we will see what tomorrow brings.
1 comment:
Have a lovely trip, LAS. I'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment