Monday, February 23, 2009

Reposting a list

I am re-posting my list from when I went to the spa. Why? Because I haven't read it in a while and there things in there that I need to remember. That trip changed me.
  • Learned to judge myself less harshly.
  • Invited and accepted encouragement and support.
  • Followed directions.
  • Trusted my life in the hands of a stranger, more than once.
  • Climbed to the top of a rock wall (this I did not think I could do (actually, I did not think I could do any of the challenges)).
  • Smelled bad and not cared.
  • Decided it's okay if this is as good as it gets (meaning the circumstances of my life).
  • Realized that not everyone is looking at me and making fun of me, and if they are, oh well, how sad for them that they have nothing better to do with their time.
  • Reached out for help without feeling bad about it.
  • Not been afraid of feeling stupid when I express what I am feeling or describing what something means to me.
  • Not been afraid to eat dessert five times in one day (two days actually and I might just do it again today).
  • Walked across a log the width of your shoe 35 feet in the air with nothing to hold on to, and made it to the other side.
  • Realized that I am capable of a lot more than I think I am.
  • Discovered confidence.
  • Seen an energy healer who opened my top three chakras (supposedly).
  • Had a facial for the first time (an anti- aging one, cause you know that one line appearing on my 31 year old face is freaking me out a little (okay, a lot)).
  • Talked on the phone to almost no one (can't say the same about gmail chat - I need some connection folks).
  • Realized who I miss the most.
  • Confirmed that I can no longer work when I'm sick or on vacation.
  • Committed to focusing less on my billable hours.
  • Planned to work less in general.
  • Decided to enjoy every second more.
  • Gone without makeup.
  • Gone without "doing" my hair.
  • Climbed to the top of a 25 ft. pole on top of which is a disk 10 inches in diameter that you have to step on top of without anything to hold on to; and then jumped off.
  • Been hoisted 40 ft. in the air by eight other women and then swung like a pendulum.
  • Helped hoist the other 7 women into the air (I'm going to be sore tomorrow).
  • Met some amazing people that I intend to keep in touch with.
  • Heard some amazing things about letting go.
  • Tried acupuncture for the first time.
  • Had an aloe wrap for the first time.
  • Felt comfortable in my own skin.
  • Eaten dessert with abandon (three desserts with my lunch today actually).
  • Cared less about what my body looks like.
  • Spoken up when I had an idea.
  • Pushed myself to try things that I did not think were possible.
  • Challenged myself, my thoughts, my feelings and beliefs.
  • Pushed the limits of my comfort zone.
  • Stepped outside of it.
  • Cared more about what I think of myself and less about what others think of me.
  • Not been afraid of looking stupid when I try something new.
  • Done something even if I thought I might fail.
  • Not been afraid to be myself.
  • Spoken up when I had a question.
  • Felt better about myself than I ever have before.
  • Taken better care of myself.
  • Learned how I handle fear of the unknown.
  • Experienced true presence in the moment.

1 comment:

Julia said...

It's a pretty impressive list. :) Glad to see you are going back there. Sounds like just the thing for you before you jump into handling the two person workload.