Saturday, November 06, 2010

14,000 calories I didn't eat

Hi folks.  I am back.  Sorry for going MIA for a while - I just don't have much to say.  I still don't, but I'll try.  I didn't really realize how long it has been since I last posted.  The only things I have had to say in the past 3 weeks would come out as complaints about my job and I am trying really hard not to write about that.  I can tell you though that nothing has changed. In my mind, things are maybe worse.  Can't tell really.  There is a lot going on there though and I am extremely busy.

I am doing this wacky diet.  If you know me in real life just zip it - I know what you are thinking.  But I have gained like 15 pounds in the past few years (I think it is a combination of taking medication and sitting on my ass all day).  And no, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me most likely and yes that means I am probably at a normal weight for my height, but, my preference is to be slightly underweight.  I am not going for anorexic looking or anything.  I just want to go back down to my preferred weight.  So I did this diet for 2 weeks as an experiment just to see what I would lose.  I only lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks.  I was disappointed.  I thought for sure I could get six out of it.  But then again I am already pretty thin so it takes longer to lose weight because it doesn't take as many calories to maintain my body weight.  I am going for two more weeks to see if I can get 4 more pounds.  I admit that I have cheated a little so maybe I would lose a little more if I stop cheating.

And then I thought about it.  3500 calories equals one pound of fat.  That means in two weeks I cut 14,000 calories out of my diet.  What the hell was I eating before.

No comments: