Saturday, July 16, 2011

An ice cream maker a lamp shade and some jewelry

When I started the packing process I was meticulous about it.  Things that go together got packed together. And I have managed to get rid of a lot of stuff in the process, although some of it is not being picked up until Thursday which makes me a little bit nervous since my movers come next Saturday.  Yikes - next Saturday!  Now I am down to the last of what needs to be packed it seems.  Having only left out what I need to get through about a week and a half clothes wise and the few bathroom products that I will really want until my stuff gets delivered a week from Tuesday.  I thought I remembered what was packed where and now I have no idea where anything is.  I am down to the very last few things, getting haphazardly packed.  My boxes are labeled of course with what is inside, but perhaps my labels are not specific enough.  I labeled the box with the ice cream maker, the lamp shade and the jewelry as "Master Bedroom."  Huh.  That might mean that unpacking will be like a surprise!  My only real worry is that I won't be able to find the box with the sheets (yes it is labeled "sheets").

Many years ago when I moved once locally in my home town, I was very careful once again to label the boxes with their contents.  One of my boxes was labeled "Important Stuffed Animals."  As opposed to the box of unimportant ones.  I got made fun of for that.

No comments: