Sunday, August 07, 2011

A stranger in my own town

I realize it takes more than two weeks to become acclimated to a new city.  A new apartment, a new office, a new routine.  It just takes time.  I feel like I am on some kind of extended vacation though.  I moved in with my friend Nina here in New York.  Every time I have been to New York in the past three years it has been to visit her so this just feels like another fun trip, even though I am sitting on my own couch writing this.  I don't remember when I started to feel like I lived in Chicago.  I know that it never felt like home until I didn't live there anymore.  I caught myself the other day referring to back home and I meant Chicago even though my home is Michigan.  It is so big here and there is so much to do that I haven't done.

I feel like a tourist.

No comments: