Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I need to stop wearing ugly shoes to work

I wear shoes to work nearly every day that don't match my outfit. Why? Because they are comfortable. They are probably really not even at all appropriate except on a Friday when we can wear nearly anything and get away with it. I can't find both cute and comfortable shoes that stay on my feet. Half of my shoes slip at the heels and the rest are ugly. I think it is because my feet are sort of in between a size. They aren't quite the right size for any shoe - too small for a half size (which they don't make anyway because my feet are too big) and just a little too small for the next size up. I've tried the little things that you put in the heels to keep shoes from slipping and they don't work, and I've tried the other little things that you put in your shoes at the ball of your foot to make them more comfortable (and slightly tighter) and it doesn't work. I don't know what to do about this shoe dilemma. The only shoes that I can get to stay on my feet properly are sling backs. Regular heels, not so much. Well, flip flops are always an option, and my usual choice in the summer. So every day I wear the same ugly, not dressy, shoes to work. And all day long I tell myself that I am still wearing them because I just haven't gotten around to changing them yet. And I figure if anyone asks why I am wearing such ugly shoes (which I can't imagine anyone ever would), I will them that it's because my feet hurt from cramming them into rock climbing shoes.

Anyway, I don't know what else to try to keep my shoes on my feet.

No comments: