Remember how after my time off I said Iwas no longer working on holidays or days off? The way this always worked was that I would inform the partner that I was taking a Friday off. Which of course he had no problem with - why would he? He didn't know why I was taking the day off, none of his business really so he would never question it. And then I would feel so guilty about taking the day off that I would offer to work remotely from wherever I was (Michigan usually) and of course the partner isn't going to say no to that. Cause he would likely rather have me working than not working. And every time I felt annoyed and mad at myself for giving in. Giving in to what exactly? It's not like he was pressuring me. I feel like people need days off. People need breaks, real breaks, real actual days off.
A couple of times it worked out that I didn't end up working on a day off. Maybe a few. But this time I repeated my old pattern of asking, feeling guilty and offering to give up my day off. Of course I did.
Except this time I am going to try to pretend I am working while actually not. It's one of those times that I don't mind being chained to my blackberry. If that's what it takes to get a day off, then whatever, I'll keep my eye on the damn thing.
Whatever you are doing today, working or something else - have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment