"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Sunday, March 06, 2011
The two day diet
So I have been doing this diet since last fall. I use the word "doing" loosely. Last fall I did the diet for a month and lost 6 pounds. Then I went off of it for Thanksgiving through New Years and gained 4 pounds. Then I half-assed it and lost 5 pounds. Then I gained two, lost two and gained one. Maybe I am just gaining and losing water at this point. Anyway, I have been trying like hell to get back on it. But every day I end up telling myself tomorrow is a new day. I can always start over tomorrow. I never make it past day 2. No wonder it isn't working. I usually make it through day 2, cheat on day 3 and start over on day 1. Sometimes I cheat for two days. Nothing magical happens in 2 days. It isn't really a 2 day diet. You don't suddenly drop a bunch of weight in 2 days, you just end up really hungry. I wake up starving and then cave when I get to the office, eating a chocolate croissant and drinking a chai latte. I am trying to decide whether to continue. I am thin already but I have gained weight. I want to get back to the weight I was a couple of years ago because I just can't get rid of the pants that don't fit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment