Saturday, January 07, 2012

Rainbows and unicorns, or not

I wish I could say things are all cheery and bright and happy and whatever - you know, rainbows and unicorns and fairy tales.  But that's just not how I feel this new year.   I don't believe in fairy tales anyway, but that's beside the point.

I am worried about losing my job before I have another one.  I have no idea if this will happen.  The searching isn't going so well, mainly because there isn't that much out there for me.  I had been worried that my practice area is too specialized and I am ahead of the curve meaning that companies aren't on board yet with the fact that they actually need someone dedicated to what I do.  In another year or so there will probably be countless jobs for me out there.  But right now, not so much.  

I think it's very possible I will lose my job before I have another one.  I don't know what else to say about it.  I don't know what I am going to do.  I have my resume with 7 executive search firms, I have sent out resumes in response to postings, and I am hearing nothing back.  Nothing.  Right now I have resumes out at companies in New York, Chicago and London.  The only reason I have submitted resumes to London is because there are more postings for what I do in London than anywhere else.

Anyway, ugh.

No comments: