So I just got back from spending time with my brother and sister-in-law at my sister-in-law's parents house in Indiana - lovingly referred to as "down on the farm." I haven't really taken the time to post about it or about spending time with my nephew, but I had a great time and it was hard to leave knowing that I won't see them again until probably mid May. I got to eat my all time favorite thing for breakfast, twice. Biscuits and sausage gravy. I have no idea why I love this so much. In fact, I had never eaten it before until visiting the farm years ago. Actually, I've only ever eaten it at the farm - I think I might have eaten one other person's poor attempt at making this. It's like eating pure fat. I love it. It even looks like pure fat. You know when you cook something that is greasy and then put the leftovers in the fridge and the fat congeals into that whitish color when it gets cold. That's what it looks like - it's that color. My second favorite thing to eat for breakfast - grapefruit.
Anyway, this post is an attempt at sitting still. I got back to Chicago today and immediately began to tear the house apart like a crazy person. Now it is a disaster and I am going to have to put it back together, but a friend suggested that I try sitting still for a while. No need to tear the entire house apart in one day. So I decided to pull out these cards from my friend Claire and select one to meditate on. They are self-care cards and there are 52 of them. They say different things like "boundaries," "relaxation," "goals," "progress" etc. There is a phrase on the back of each one - "Set boundaries." "Protect your precious time and energy."
When Claire gave me these cards, I decided to pull one out twice a day when I pray, once in the morning and once at night. The first time I pulled "retreat." "Listen to the voice of your soul." That night, I shuffled the cards and I pulled "retreat." The next morning, I shuffled the cards and I pulled "retreat." That night, I shuffled the cards and I pulled "retreat." What are the odds of this? Okay, I get it, I am supposed to retreat! Finally, I pulled two different cards, "playfulness" and "goals." It's been a few days since I've pulled one because I did not take them to Indiana with me. I just sat down, I shuffled them and I pulled "retreat." Okay, seriously, I get the hint.
Anyway, I promise I'll post about the past two weeks that I spent with family later tonight and I will include some pictures!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment