I have decided to pay more. That's right folks. I am going to shell out an extra $65 (PER MONTH) to park my car at my office. Cause doesn't everyone want to drive 2 miles to work in traffic and then pay a fortune to park the car? I know I do.
I have decided to switch my monthly parking from parking across the street from my office to parking directly under my office. There are some perks to this, but whether or not they equal $65, did I mention that is $65 per month, is in question. My name has come up on the waitlist, and I have decided to take it.
I had previously rationalized why monthly parking made sense. I would only save $20 if I took public transportation (cause naturally I would have to take a lot of cabs). This new expense I have not figured out how to rationalize. I am now paying an extra $85 PER MONTH more than I would be if I took public transportation based upon my previous calculation. Now, it could be that the calculation changes in the winter cause I would take even more cabs. Not sure.
Anyway, this is really a safety issue - or so I am telling myself. On the days when I work late, I don't feel safe walking all the way to my car in the parking garage across the street. It's just too big and I have to walk too far. Granted I never got mugged or anything last year, but it just made me uncomfortable to walk to my car after 7. Sometimes if I knew I was working late, I would move the car into the building cause I can get a pass to park in the building for free after 4:30. But that's a pain to move the car, it takes 20 minutes total to move the car.
Another perk is that I never have to go outside if I don't want to. I can go from the parking garage at home to the one at work, to the one at target and back home and then to Trader Joe's and to the regular grocery store without ever setting foot outside. I only have to go outside to go to AA meetings and that's only a couple of times a week. I don't have to wear boots, I don't have to wear socks, I don't even have to wear a coat in the dead of winter.
AND, I save time. We all know how I am about time. Everything not billable is "lost time" in my mind. I have been programmed that way and programmed to think of everything in 6 minute increments. I am losing time here writing this, 6 minutes at a time. By parking in the building that saves me 20 minutes per day. That's 20 minutes to post, 20 minutes to read blogs, or extra hours of billable time. Have I rationalized this yet?
And by the way, in the winter, I get to watch the sunrise from my office. So things can't be that bad, right?
1 comment:
Heck, I don't blame you.
Post a Comment