"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Suddenly seeming like a long way home
I set out this afternoon, leaving work early, to make the drive home to Michigan. It's not that far, but it's not that close either - 4 hours, almost exactly. I usually don't mind the drive; it goes by quickly and is usually relatively uneventful. For some resson, this time, I found myself not excited about making the trip. I'm excited to be in Michigan, to see my nephew, my brother. It just seems that as time goes by, I find myself feeling farther and farther away and less and less connected to the place that I'm from. It makes me feel like I don't have a home, because where I live doesn't feel like home either. From where I am sitting, it seems like a long way home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've felt that -- like I didn't have a home. I'm hoping with all my heart that, someday, you find yours.
Post a Comment