"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Friday, January 16, 2009
On the job front
I haven't been feeling great about my job, as I mentioned. In fact, I haven't felt very good about it since I returned from my leave of absence. Though I do feel a bit better today about my options. My firm lets people cut hours (which I sorta forgot about until someone reminded me), so, for example, I can go down to 1600 billable hours a year for 80% of my pay. 1600 hours is sounding really good right now. I am thinking seriously of doing this. I never really thought I would, but I am. I am a little worried that the partners that I work for aren't going to like it, but I feel like it is necessary for my mental health. I am sure someone has to approve it. I am sure I need their blessing to do it, so I'm not sure what to do really. I just feel like I want to do it. Even though yeah, things are better than they were, I feel like I am barely hanging on some days and for some reason all this extra responsibility is being heaped on me at work. I don't mind some extra responsibility but this is getting to be too much at once. I feel like for health reasons I need to cut my hours down and lower my stress level. Is that unreasonable?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds more than reasonable to me. I hope that the people you work for are willing to approve it, because, honestly, it sounds like it makes a lot of sense.
of course it is!
do as you please. its a free country! not a gulag!
Post a Comment