It seems my response to Lexapro has plateaued on week 3. Unfortunately, I have plateaued on the slightly blah side of normal. Actually, I think I peaked on day 4, the day it took effect. On day 4 I felt amazing - it was like the weight of the world had been lifted - the anxiety was gone, like magic. Slowly some of it has crept back in, but only a little - I am having some OCD issues, but nothing like normal, and I pretty much don't really feel anxious at all. I guess in that regard, the drug is working and anxiety is the reason I went on it. I guess I can also say that my mood is more stable in that I am not up and down and up and down and up and down. My mood isn't nearly as erratic as normal. I feel pretty even actually. The ups and downs are more like varying shades of gray instead of black and white. Unfortunately, my mood has stabilized on something other than happy. It has stabilized somewhere near content, something like what I expect "normal" would be, just slightly on the blah side. So is this it? Is this as good as it is going to get? I get to be less anxious, but consistently slightly blah? The depression was bad sometimes, the anxiety was horrible, but I liked the up swing when I had those crazy mood swings. It was motivating, I felt alive, I felt like anything was possible, I felt like I could accomplish anything.
Now I feel like anything might be possible, I just don't feel like bothering to put the effort into doing it. Like I might sit around and complain about the things in my life that I don't like, but I have absolutely no motivation to do anything about it. It's almost like I feel so little anxiety, that I feel like I don't even care about anything. I don't even care to try. I just don't care. Maybe I was better off the other way?
1 comment:
You were not better off depressed! Give the drugs some more time, things may keep changing, right?
Post a Comment