I better keep my day job. I flunked 4th grade world geography (did we learn world geography, ever?) and 5th grade health. I don't remember 5th grade health. I remember 6th grade health because they made us carry around those egg babies for two weeks, as if this was supposed to convince us not to have sex and accidentally get pregnant. I remember 10th grade health - Health and Human Behavior it was called. Two weeks of which was devoted to drivers ed. So - what part do you think I remember? Drivers ed., oh and my teacher putting a condom on a banana. You would think that for something as important as operating a piece of machinery that can kill other people and you, a little more time would be devoted to it. Hopefully this has changed in the past 15 years. Personally, I now also think that more time should be devoted to substance abuse and drunk driving. Just a thought.
Anyway, I should note that the 5th grade health question was the final, and 1 million dollar question. Only 2 5th graders got it right and the contestant choose not to play when he heard the topic. The host says that no one has ever made it to the final question and answered it right - so, I am not the only stupid one. Frankly, if I were 11, maybe I would remember this stuff - but now, almost 20 years later, I think it is safe to say that I have forgotten about 80% of everything I ever learned pre-law school. So the question was - how many bicuspids does the average adult mouth have? I honestly doubt we even would have learned this in health class. So - unfortunately, now I am going to have to watch this show again and see if I fair any better.
On a different note - since when do we conduct presidential debates via U-tube? I mean, come on people. Maybe they could figure out a way to have us vote for the next president via text message or a toll-free number - and then maybe more people would show up and vote in an election that actually matters in this country. Then again - you might just have a whole lot of stupid people voting. Oh wait, that's what happened the last time anyway.
1 comment:
so how many bicuspids does the average adult mouth have? I'm guessing 9.
Post a Comment