My mood used to be more like a roller coaster ride. You are up and down and no plateaus really, and it's fast. Now it is more like riding in a wagon over a sidewalk with some huge cracks in it. It's a smooth ride sometimes - I get the plateau, I like it. And then wham, you are going a little to fast over the too smooth sidewalk and you hit a huge crack. These days, it's like that. The problem is, when I hit a crack, I don't snap out of it as quickly as my doctor wants me to. She says I should snap out of it in a day. It takes more like 5. I would say in the past 2 weeks, I haven't been very even. I've been mostly a little low and then I had two days of up, probably thanks to an unauthorized experiment with my medication. Ah well, what can you do - I don't always listen perfectly.
In any event, I feel still on the low side today so I called my doctor back. It might be time to add another drug. She said we could try adding a third one once these two level out. I keep feeling frustrated with this whole thing because it has been 3 months and I am still not leveled out; but I have to at least admit that my mood is significantly better than it was 3 months ago. I have to just remember that.
1 comment:
Baby steps. Baby steps.
Post a Comment