Well folks, my spa extravaganza is coming to a close and here is what I would say - besides all the things that I listed in the last post. The challenges were the best part. Yes, climbing on top of that pole was better than an aloe wrap. Because what happened when I stepped on top of that pole or let go and walked across the log, or touched the top of the rock wall - that I will take with me, that will last a lifetime. The most challenging by far for me was the climbing wall because this was both mentally and physically difficult. The other challenges were more like mental games and to my advantage, I have no fear of heights at all so these challenges weren't about conquering that - in fact, the view of the mountains from up there was beautiful.
And the other thing I would say is that the life I thought I wanted before and the things I wanted in it, the things I thought I wanted my life to mean, the purpose I wanted to find in it, the person I thought I wanted to be, the things that I thought mattered, the person I thought I was and the things I thought I was capable of - if what I used to want - if these were the only things that I thought were possible in my life - I would have sold myself short in a very big way.
And if I had to sum it up in a couple of sentences, I would tell you to wake yourself up to this moment because these days - they are passing you by. Life can change in a heartbeat and trust me, you won't want to miss this.
My two favorite quotes for you:
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
"...I would like to beg you dear Sir, as well as I can, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."
- Rainer Maria Rilke
No comments:
Post a Comment