"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Monday, June 08, 2009
Isn't vacation supposed to be about sleeping in?
So why do I keep getting up at the crack of dawn to go scare the shit out of myself? I'm starting to question my sanity. Tomorrow at 6:30 am (why in the world does it have to be so early?) I am going to go walk across cables in the air while balancing my weight against the person who is crossing the cables across from me. I seriously must have lost my mind. Because at 11:30 am, I am going to go do the tightrope again (see below). (Don't think I'm totally crazy though, this is a spa after all. I have a spa treatment every night).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
4am starts are the norm in buddhist monasteries so you have it easy!
I get up at 6am most work days, so it seems a very normal time to get up.
I have to think of something fun to do this summer and nothing appeals.. yet. The monasteries are by far the most restful, and laughter filled, but I want to find something else for a change.. :)
Post a Comment