"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Thursday, June 18, 2009
The minimum effort necessary
These days I put the minimum effort necessary into getting ready for work. I just don't feel like I have anyone to impress here. Not with my appearance anyway. Of course when I go see a client I am totally appropriate and look nice, but that happens like almost never. We do everything by phone and email. So I put on a little under eye concealer (out of habit I guess since I sleep 10 hours a night and shouldn't need any), some powder, a little blush and some lip gloss which I never reapply. As far as clothes, I try not to look like a total slob. I try to look semi-put together, like I try to match if possible. Sometimes I fail at even that and I just don't care. I think it's just part of my general feeling of blah these days. I can't seem to shake it. I'm not depressed, just unhappy and blah. I've decided it's 75% work and 25% other. I just don't know what other is. And the work stuff, I think it's just because it's slow and I have hardly any work to do - so I have to pass the time somehow and it's not easy. Either way I can't win though. I seem to be unhappy whether it's busy or slow. I don't have work, I'm bored. I have work, I end up overly busy. There is no happy medium. Yes, I am grateful for my job, and I don't mean to complain, I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong. It's been wrong for a while and I just can't seem to really figure it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
life on lifes terms thats all
busy slow, whatevr. accepting what IS
Post a Comment