Thursday, March 18, 2010

And it isn't over yet

This week has been stressful and it isn't over yet.  I can't say it's been work stress because honestly, what have I been doing all week.  Sleeping late, leaving early, not caring about my hours.  It's not that I don't have work to do, I just don't have a major project with a major deadline in my face.  I have little projects that I have been sitting on for months.  Things that need to get done or they are going to bite me in the ass any day now.  But that isn't exactly motivating me either.  I ran the numbers, I decided what I could live with and that meant I only had to bill 40 hours this week.  Whatever.  I swear, I am tired of the whole thing, truly.

You might wonder why I am not posting about how awesome it is to go rock climbing every single day since I can leave early etc. and the partner is gone.  That would be because I can't climb.  I slightly tore a ligament in my ankle and my doctor told me not to climb for a few weeks.  You can imagine how unhappy about this I am.  It's been two weeks since I did it, so hopefully I can climb again soon.  I wish I could say that I tore it climbing but that's not how it happened.  I just bought a new rock climbing harness too and haven't gotten to use it.  Before I just borrowed one from the gym - but I am picky.  I like two of the harnesses they have there and if I don't get one of those, I'm just not as comfortable.  So I bought one and I like it a lot.

Anyway, so for one thing, there is the stress of my grandmother.  There is a possibility that she will pull through.  She's pretty tough.  I don't think we really know at this point, it changes daily.

And then there was an appointment with my meds doctor.  I don't know why I was stressed about that.  We have just been trying to figure out how to deal with the anxiety and stress I am under.

And then there was a follow-up appointment with my oncologist.  Just a routine follow-up.  I didn't bother to mention it because the more I mention it and think about it and talk about it the more freaked out I get.  It's been almost 4 years and this is the first time I haven't completely freaked out before an appointment.  Which is not to say it wasn't stressful.

And then there was an appointment with my foot doctor.  Which I guess isn't that stressful - it's just that I really really want to climb.

So for some reason, not work related, this week has felt really stressful.  I'll be glad when 6 pm comes tomorrow.  Who am I kidding?  I am leaving at 3:30 (that probably means I am leaving at like noon).

No comments: