Hi folks. Here again to talk to myself. Something is going to give. I just don't know what yet. I don't know if in the last few crazy posts that I have properly conveyed the level of stress I am under. It is worse than anything I have been under before and I am busier than I have ever been since starting this job 4 years ago. So take the worst possible stress you can imagine. Imagine the stress that would put you at your breaking point and multiple it by 1000. I would say that that is roughly equivalent to what I am feeling and experiencing at the moment.
So what is going to give?
I am trying a new thing - communicating with the partner better what is really going on on my desk, setting some boundaries and placing the responsibility for the deadlines back on his desk. All novel ideas of course. Because I can't do the pile today or tomorrow or the next day. I can't do the pile and something urgent at the same time. I can't guess anymore what order the pile should be in. So I asked him. I gave him my list of projects and asked him to put it in the order he would like me to do it and if something "urgent" comes up to put that in the pile also because if I am constantly doing something urgent what happens with the pile?
And I fucking hate the artificial deadline. What the fuck anyway. I hate it when he arbitrarily says we should finish something today when in fact it doesn't actually have to be done to today but tomorrow would be fine. There is an important difference between real and fake deadlines and I am so busy that I need to know the hard and fast deadlines on my projects not the made up ones. I don't miss deadlines so if it is due Wednesday at 3 tell me that and I will probably give it to you by 11. If it is due Wednesday at 3 don't tell me it is due Tuesday by the end of the day and get me all stressed, freaked out and in a panic. I can handle a deadline just tell me what the fuck it is and don't make one up.
I'm particularly angry about this at the moment because I got screwed out of climbing on Tuesday by just such a fake deadline. I fucking hate fake deadlines and I am not letting myself be screwed over by them anymore. No more of this. We are moving on to greater communications and reality checks on deadlines.
We are moving on.
No comments:
Post a Comment