Sunday, May 16, 2010

Now all my eggs are in two baskets instead of one

My spa trip is coming up.  I just got the plane ticket.  10 nights it is.  I have to go for 10 in order to be able to rock climb outside and do the "experience."  It's just the way it worked out.  You are probably all wondering what the "experience" is and I am not going to tell you until it's over.  I may never tell you.  Anyway, I fully admit that all my eggs were in that basket.  I am counting on this to change me, in whatever way it is meant to change me.  I am quite sure, if nothing else, I will have learned something about myself.  But I know that sometimes it doesn't matter what you know, or how much self awareness you have, it is impossible to change it.  Nevertheless, for some reason, I feel drawn to this.  I am hopefully not foolishly optimistic.

And then I found out that the guy who is taking me out rock climbing the day after I get there is a licensed therapist, among other things.  For various reasons, I have to do a private rock climbing outing rather than a group (although I am sort of hoping someone else signs up but I doubt it) because it just worked out that way.  So I got to thinking, I get to spend 8.5 hours with a therapist while I rock climb.  Hmm, what better way to squeeze in a little therapy while rock climbing which to me is like therapy in itself.  Could be interesting.  I'll be curious to see what this is all about.  This rock climbing thing that I am doing is different than the one I did last year.  They have redone their outdoor climbing experience completely and they have this new guide that I don't already know.  I'm curious how much I could get out of this.

Of course that just brings to mind something that my favorite professor of all time said, which is that you get out of life what you put into, and that applies to everything you do.  So true.  But for some things, there is simply no "half assing" it.  You simply have to go for it.  This is trip is what you make it, that's for sure. 

No comments: