This does not mean that I miss these things so much that I would ever want all of my hair to fall out again - however, having no hair has its advantages. Remember - there is an upside to everything. (Did I just write that? The next time I call you to tell you how miserable I am and how much my life sucks - do not remind me that I said that). I can also say that having your hair fall out is not the worst thing, and far less traumatic than most women going through cancer treatment imagine it to be before it happens.
These are in no particular order.
1. I didn't have to shower every day. Sounds gross maybe, but it's true. The main reason I shower every day is because of all of the hair product I put in my hair. No hair = no hair product = no need to shower.
2. I didn't waste $150 every 7 weeks at the hair salon, coloring and cutting my hair, and restocking on hair products. Now granted I have decided not to color my hair this time around - but still. Note also that just because I wasn't spending the money on my hair, I must have spent it somewhere!
3. When you take a nap - you don't wake up with really stupid hair - which you then have to put water on to try to get it to lay back in the right place - and it just doesn't look right the rest of the day.
4. I could get out the door in 5 minutes. A little deodorant, a little face powder and a wig. The time I saved getting ready for work is very significant.
5. You only have to wash and style your hair once per every twenty days.
6. You can change your hair style or color any time you want. One day I had no highlights, the next day I had blond ones, then none, then blond, then none.
7. You never have a bad hair day. Your hair looks exactly the same for twenty days. (Unless of course you style it badly when you wash and style it).
8. You don't shed so you don't have hair stuck all over your clothes on your back.
9. No hair clogging the drain. I have pulled some pretty interesting things out of the drain before (so you also save on Drano).
10. I didn't have to stand in front of the mirror for twenty minutes meticulously sculpting chunks of hair into the proper location with "paste", spraying, curling, twisting, re-wetting, re-positioning, two hair dryers...only to have a guy run his hands through my hair and f*&! it all up!
Honestly, I'd rather have hair and have to stand there and mess with it - but I do sometimes miss the ability to roll out of bed and go.
1 comment:
I have to admit I never thought there would be an advantage, but here it is. :)
Post a Comment