Yes, apparently I can. So I am sitting in the Frankfurt airport waiting for a train. I could be reading, meditating, listening to an AA open talk on my Ipod. But no, I am on this stupid little electronic device. Truthfully I got on it to chat with my brother about my arrival etc. I am happy to report that the crackberry receives an excellent signal here in the airport.
Anyway, the last 24 hours has gone rather well. It feels like only an hour ago that I was leaving messages for my sponsor while sitting at the airport in Chicago, and like magic, now I am in Germany. I say the past 24 hours have gone well cause I, being the catastrophizer that I am, constantly expects the worst, on the theory that I can only then be pleasantly surprised and never disappointed. By some small miracle, I am not even the tiniest bit tired even though I hardly slept cause the kid behind me kicked my chair every thirty seconds or so.
Finally, now that I am here, I feel excited. However, this trip is a real challenge for me - a challenge to be present, to live in the moment, to let go, to enjoy myself. Can it be done?
More to come from Germany...stay tuned.
1 comment:
Hi Linz!
Hope your trip is the best! Have a great time and talk to you soon! Say hi to Trey and Rachel and Happy birthday to Ellis for us.
love,
Jod
Post a Comment