Wednesday, December 26, 2007

230 miles to Chicago

My original plan was to head back from Michigan Saturday. Then I decided I could go Friday and still see everyone I wanted to see. Then I decided I could go on Thursday morning. Then I packed my stuff, haphazardly and sloppily, threw it in the car and left town. Four hours and 3 trips to the car later, me and all my stuff are safely in my condo on Wednesday night by 9 p.m. This is my house, in which I sit, happily.


I returned to a broken Airport Express base station - hmm - not sure what went wrong (good thing I am operating two networks here...long story) and a Tivo that doesn't seem to be downloading the program info properly. So what would have been a relaxing night of unpacking and sleeping has been 3 hours of freaking out about why my Airport is dead, and why my Tivo claims it downloaded, but is also telling me program info runs out Monday - not good. I'm going to have to let it go for the night. I just have to let it go. You know me though - I would sit here all night until it is fixed - but I really need to not do that.

So, to bed - I'll decide in the morning whether to go to work. Or whether to fix Tivo.

**Notice the absence of art work above the table - in my entire condo, I have only a single small picture hanging on the wall, right by the door - and I have a lot of big walls (really high ceilings). The reason why, is another post. It isn't that I don't want art or decorations, because I do. And it isn't that I can't afford it, because I can. It's for some other reason.

* Edited to add: Tivo righted itself while I slept. I did eventually get the program info to download, because I eventually got it to connect to my other router. I guess I was just impatient and while the program info loaded, it took a while for it to make its way into the To Do List, hence, my panic. Anyway, Tivo is loaded now for two weeks. Let's just hope the other router doesn't crap out also. I guess since Tivo is working, I am going into work today.

2 comments:

niobe said...

I'm sure there's a very good reason that you don't have art or wall decorations and I'd love to hear it sometime.

Nina said...

YES, I too would like to hear about the decorating boycott. Please explain. :-)