I realized this morning that there is definite value in having to be at work by a certain time, even if it is only to get cheaper parking. The value - it requires you to get there. See, I don't have a job that requires me to be there at a certain time. We all just do our own thing and set our own schedules and get our work done and it's a non-issue. I am a come in earlier and leave earlier type (in theory - the leaving earlier part), while the partner I work for is a come in a little later and leave a little later type (which is why me leaving earlier is more of a theory). The head of my group is a come in extremely early and leave... (uh, does he leave?). The guy down the hall is a come in really late, if at all, and then disappear behind a door not to be seen for what seems like days. So basically, I have nothing but myself to motivate myself to get there (except the occasional obscenely early morning phone call, and I used to have the prospect of reasonably priced parking).
I could have guessed the whole thing would go wrong when I hit that snooze button this morning...
I'm not a snoozer and in fact, I didn't even snooze. I just laid there, for 8 pointless minutes. Then I skipped praying, because I thought - oh, I'm "late" getting in the shower - I'll pray when I get out, which I forgot to do. See - I have this down to a science - getting ready for work. I do the exact same things in the exact same order every single day and it takes the exact same amount of time. Seriously. It takes me X number of minutes to get up, do what I need to do, get out the door and get into the parking garage by 8 a.m. - give or take about 3 minutes. It is precise.
But a funny thing happens when you don't "have" to be there for the cheaper parking rate (because you are, ahem, a monthly parker). Suddenly every aspect of "getting ready" takes significantly longer. Huh. That's surprising. I used to be able to do this in X number of minutes. I also seemed to have a bit of a snag with my breakfast. Normally I can pull breakfast off without a hitch (cause how hard can it be really?). But here I am doing things all out of order, neglecting to pray, reading a blog, wandering around aimlessly apparently, putting makeup on before eating, and then wait a second, I burned my toast. Crap, I hate burnt toast, let me make it again while I finish putting make up on. Crap, I burned it again. Seriously. I burned the toast twice this morning in just a few minutes.
Then I'm all ready to go - finally. I thought - shit I completely forgot to pray, and damn it now I have black pants on and I don't want to re-lint roll the cat hair off. This praying out of order thing doesn't work for me. I have to roll out of bed and onto the floor and pray immediately, or I won't remember. I know - I'll pray in the car, no wait - I'll pray in my office when I get to work, I'll just pray in my chair. No, no, that won't work. Go stand in front of the book shelf and pray (further delay in leaving). I did - I stood in front of the book shelf that I normally kneel in front of, coat, purse and all, and prayed. It sounds odd probably that I kneel in front of a book shelf - but - the books I read are right there - I do two daily readings and then pray - and I like to kneel in front of this painting that I painted that is on the book shelf (it's a painting of a lake and a tree and a sunset).
Anyway, it turns out this was all about parking all along. Going to work early I mean. I had this perfectly artificial reason to go to work. It was not that I love my job and that I just can't wait to get there to the piles and piles on my desk of projects that need to be done for clients that want to "achieve compliance" and I just can't wait to help them do this so I get there early every day (and, uh, stay late). No, it was about the parking. It's more like this - if I have to go there, well, I would like it to be as convenient as possible while at the same time being reasonably priced. But if I had the option, I would probably rather just stay home, at least lately I think. Now, don't get me wrong, I do really like my job a lot - I might even go so far as to say I love my job, but it was definitely the parking motivating me. I think I need a vacation. So now what am I going to do? I am going to have to invent another reason to go to work.
3 comments:
Stunned speechless with this post.
I work from homt three days a week and the only way I make it "to work" is to sleep with the blinds up so that the sun wakes me up. After that, I would pretty much rather check myself for suspicious moles all day so as not to have to work. AND I LOVE MY JOB. Supposedly.
Dear Las,
TWELVE STEPS AWAY FROM CHRIST:
Mr. Bill Wilson, founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) and creator of the twelve step program.
Mr. Wilson was heavily influenced by demons. Chapter sixteen (p. 275f) of 'Pass It On' The Story of Bill Wilson and how the A.A. message reached the world records Mr. Wilson's use of the ouija board, participation in seances, psychic events, "spook sessions", table levitation, and how he would receive "messages" from "discarnate" spirits.
Bill Wilson was clearly in contact with demons, and this is the man who created the deceptive twelve step program. Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. (step #11. Emphasis added.)
The last part of this statement ("as we understood Him") is enough to damn your soul! God says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5).
This is the exact opposite of "God as we understood Him." All men, according to Romans 1:18-32, are condemned before God, because they rely upon their own understanding (Romans 1:21; Ephesians 4:18, "having their understanding darkened"), and they create (in their own darkened minds) a god of their own making (Romans 1:23).
To encourage people to turn their "lives over to the care of God as we understood Him", is to encourage people to "turn their lives over to a god of their own making" (i.e. according to their own understanding). This promotes nothing more than spiritual death (Revelation 22:15).
In addition, these twelve steps are a deceitful attack against the saving work of the Lord Jesus Christ (i.e. they are against Christ, antichrist, 2 John 7; Colossians 2:8-10).
The twelve steps are (as Mr. Wilson used them) given as an answer (a way) in which one can overcome sin (with Mr. Wilson's case, the sin of drunkenness). Jesus Christ is the ONLY answer for sin. He is the only way (John 14:6). There is only ONE "step", and that is faith in the Savior (Ephesians 2:8/Matthew 1:21/John 8:36/Romans10:13)!
The above exemplifies the "twelve steps" are what are used to "become free from addictive, compulsive" behavior (i.e. sin).
In other words, the twelve steps are the savior! No doubt it is deceptive, because "Biblical principles" are interwoven throughout; but if they weren't, few (if any) would be deceived. One good question to ask would be, "Where does Scripture talk about any 'twelve steps'"? The answer? Nowhere!
These twelve steps come from SATAN (via Bill Wilson), who is the master deceiver (Revelation 12:9). Remember, Satan used Scripture to tempt Christ (Matthew 4:6), and Balaam spoke much truth (Numbers 23-24); but he was a false prophet (2 Peter 2:15-16/Numbers 22).
In Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus warned, Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Jesus likewise warned in Luke 13:24, Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
I, MICKY, AM A GIFT TO ALL PEOPLE.
You don't have to pray on your knees you know, you can pray anywhere as long as you mean it.
Deadlines are good for me too, they really really help.
Post a Comment