Thursday, December 27, 2007

The bracelet my dad got me


This is the bracelet my dad got me. It's from the 1920s. I need to have one link taken out because my wrists are so small...I think I might be able to make that one link into a necklace, which would be cool.

My dad is so funny because every time I've talked to him since then, he asks me if I am sure I like it - am I sure, am I really sure, positive, really sure? He's pretty concerned about it.



Anyway, I'll make sure I wear it next time I see my dad.

4 comments:

thrice said...

It's really pretty! Wear it in good health.

Aurelia said...

This is lovely, what a nice present. I would really really love it.

niobe said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous bracelet. I'm so glad you posted a picture, because I was imagining something entirely different. This is so simple and elegant and I know there's a metaphor in there about a new leaf or renewal or growth or something like that.

Magpie said...

Lovely bracelet - and I love that you could make a necklace out of the spare link. Pretty.