Every weekend for the past 4 I have said no more bakery (the famous around town bakery Sweet Mandy B's). No more of the two chocolate chip cookies with the giant blob of vanilla buttercream frosting in between. No more lemon cupcakes. No more unless someone comes into town to visit me and then I might make a teeny exception.
I am trying to lose 10 pounds. For all of you who know me in real life or who have seen me in person, please don't bother telling me that I don't need to lose 10 pounds and blah blah whatever. I have pants that don't fit anymore and I want them to fit. Especially before summer. I think the reason I gained a little weight (we are talking like 10 pounds) is not actually from meds but because I didn't walk at all. I used to walk to and from work on nice weather days and I didn't walk for the past year because I was in so much pain with my foot.
Now that my foot is fixed, I can walk again as soon as it warms up. It's a good walk - 2 miles each way. I miss walking.
So to diet I have cut out skinny cow ice cream sandwiches as dessert every day, a skim latte and vanilla bean scones in the afternoon, and switched to oatmeal because it is lower calorie than what I was eating for breakfast. I am going to snack on fruit.
Yeah I know I am crazy. You don't need to say it.
So, after today, no more bakery until May 1. Every weekend for the past 4 I have been to the bakery. And I swear that one of those cookies ruins a diet for the entire week. It has to be like eating a stick of butter, at least. So no more. I swear.
1 comment:
Lose twenty pounds for me, would you? I need to.
Post a Comment