"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Until I couldn't climb any higher
Finally, I made it to climbing wall today after work. Despite the insanity, I snuck out early (why do I even say sneak, I left early) and climbed for two hours. It was awesome, except for the part where I sucked, but it was awesome. I had forgotten how much I love it and missed it. For two hours, I forgot that I was stressed, I forgot I even have a job, I forgot about everything. Everything but the next move. And it was awesome. The mental break was awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I used to take a ballet class once or twice a week - and it had that same capacity to make me forget everything but where my feet were. Excellent. A kind of psychotherapy right there.
This sounds wonderful. I never forget that I'm stressed. Except when I'm asleep. Which is why I love to sleep.
Post a Comment