Thursday, February 04, 2010

By not deciding I am deciding

Let's put it more like I have no choice.  We are so busy - busier than we have ever been in the entire 4 years that I have worked there - that there is simply no way for me to explain not hitting hours.  The hours are there, I just have to bill them.  Well, we've been over this before - I just don't really want to.

In the month of January I was undecided about the attempt to bill hours and hit 2000.

In the month of February I have realized that I have no choice but to hit 2000.

My goal of course - and yes, I am going to calculate this out perfectly if I can, is to bill 2001.  Just because I feel like being that way.

Fortunately, I billed the month of January as if I was trying to make the hours up which means by the end of the month I was about 6 hours behind where I need to be.  I think I am going to have to make a big push for like two weeks and work super late and that will get this making up hours thing under control.  I need to have a couple of weeks where I cram in the hours so I can slow down, because this pace is going to kill me.

Trouble is, I am constantly doing the calculation and I am billing just exactly what I need or a few hours under.  So like I am trying, but I'm not trying.  Sort of.

No comments: