Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If you are bleeding when you are done it's a success

I had the best time climbing yesterday than I ever have.  Well, indoor climbing that is.  Because indoor climbing just can't compare to outdoor climbing which I can only describe as awesome.  I like the feel of real rock and I like the fact that you don't know where to go, it's not obvious, you have to figure it out.  It's like a puzzle, a challenge, a problem to solve.  And it's awesome when you get to the top.

Yesterday it was a whole new wall.  They had switched out all the holds for new ones and moved everything around in the past week.  At first I thought ugh, a new wall.  But then I started to climb and it was like climbing outside where everything is unfamiliar and new.  I tried a couple of different routes to get to my destination (the sticking point) and it was just really a lot of fun.  I realized I like the challenge of figuring out the unfamiliar and going for it not knowing if you can do it.  And often surprising yourself when if you just try, you can.  I have surprised myself more than once.  And I am hoping for a surprise on the sticking point on Friday cause I am tired of calling it that.

Anyway, this is a much better wall than the previous wall and I can't wait to get on it again so I am going to climb again Friday (partner is out, easy to leave...but have to make up the hours somewhere...ugh...but I would rather climb).

I broke two nails and my hands were a little bloody where they got scratched by the holds.  Overall, awesome.

Oh, and as for the climbing instructor, I think I am over him.

No comments: