Sunday, July 04, 2010

More sure than the other day

Yesterday I had a pretty good, busy, and not anxious day which was nice for a change.  I almost always get anxious when I come home and I haven't really figured out why.  Friday I was feeling pretty anxious in the late afternoon and there really wasn't any reason for it.  Yesterday I spent most of the day running around town shopping.  I bought my little nephew clothes.  I found all kinds of things for practically nothing.  Things were already marked down and then there were sales for 40% or 50% off on top of the sale price.  Things were so cheap that I bought him a bunch of stuff.  Probably too much but since all of the grand kids in my sister-in-law's family are boys, I know they will get worn.

I also met a client yesterday.  That of course had me feeling a little anxious but surprisingly not bad.  I have this client that I communicate with on a daily basis (for the past year) but I had never met her.  Well she happens to be from my home town and was in town this week and weekend.  We decided to meet up so I went to her parent's lake house.  It was absolutely beautiful out there and so great to meet her.  I like her even more now that I have met her in person.  I just might take her up on her offer to come visit in LA at some point.  It's sort of weird when you have a client that you communicate with regularly.  Of course it is a professional relationship but I honestly feel more like I am friends with this person than outside counsel.  She happens to work for the one client of ours that I would love to go work for.  Of course that is in the wrong direction geographically.

Today I am going to meet up with my friend Claire and meet her little boy Teddy who she adopted from Russia.  I think it's awesome that she adopted him.  I just think about what an amazing life he will have because of her - he is so lucky.  He was in an orphanage in Russia and now he is here and anything is possible for him.

So I am feeling better today than I was on Friday night about moving here.  I think spending some time around town yesterday alone helped me kind of get the feeling of what it would feel like to be here again.  Going to meet my client actually helped too for some reason.  I was talking to a good friend of mine though about the situation and she wondered whether this moving thing is taking the geographic cure.  I can assure you though that it's not.  I fully expect all of my problems to follow me here.  It's not like I expect to move here and have everything be different.  I know there are things I need to work on and fix.  I don't think that moving changes any of that.  The question for me right now is just where is the best location for me to be in order to make changes and work on things?  Right now I am leaning towards home.

No comments: