Tomorrow is the day, supposedly anyway, on which I turn my life on its head. This has been a careful and well thought out decision. I think so anyway. It has been a long time in the making - probably a year, at least. I have tried to be logical, rational, reasonable. I have tried looking at it from every angle. I have tried at the same time to access how I feel about it as opposed to what I think or what seems to make the most sense. I have thought about the consequences. I look at the situation and I think - I've made the best decision that I can with the information available to me right now. That's all you can do. It takes a bit of a leap of faith I think because you can't know the outcome. You just have to go for it. You can't half ass a decision like this. You can't be wishy washy. You have to commit to the decision. You can't lack conviction.
So I have decided to inform not ask. That may seem harsh but asking leaves the door open for a "no" and it makes it sound like a maybe not an absolute. It is not a question of if, it is a question of whether they are going to support me or whether I will have to look for a different long term arrangement. The truth is, I really don't want to leave this job. Yes there are things that suck about it but that is true of any job. All jobs sucks, they just suck in different ways and I think it is probably the case that the ways that it doesn't suck outweigh the ways that it sucks.
So tomorrow, supposedly, I am going to walk in his office and inform him that I am moving and that I hope they are willing to work it out with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment