Friday, June 27, 2008

My life with a 2 year old

I don't have a 2 year old. But I borrowed one today. My nephew, I borrowed him today. I like to do that sometimes when I come into town. Take him for the day. The day that I have when I do this is in such stark contrast to my normal life - like I've said before, my nephew makes me question everything. I've never explained what I mean by this, though I've said it before. Maybe I'll explain later.

Anyway, we were all ready to go. Diaper bag on shoulder, purse, my water bottle, his juice bottle, my socks, extra socks for him, lunch box, double check for the door key in case we forgot something, oh and the phone, car key. I feel like there was something else in my hand also. I said, "are we ready? Let's go!" He said, "I pooped." Well crap. Literally. I took him at his word because my brother said he will now tell you when he poops. Normally I would give it a sniff before going to the trouble, but I believed him.

So we put everything down. Got his diaper off and I said, "you didn't poop!" He cackled and said "NO! I farked!!!!"

3 comments:

Nina said...

Aw, how sweet. Sounds like your Ellis is just like my Liam. :)

Aunt Becky said...

I so cannot wait for Alex to say "Fart." It's the little things, isn't it?

Magpie said...

Keep remembering that those short people make unreliable witnesses. I still get called to the bathroom for wiping duty, only to find that there was no poop at all - she was just being lazy or needy.