Saturday, June 28, 2008

A wide open field, revolving doors and a large knife

I really don't spend a lot of time analyzing my dreams, but...

Last night I took melatonin to help me sleep. Well, when I take this - I have weird dreams, every time. Melatonin works well for me - I sleep a lot better when I take it - except for the dreams.

Last night I had a dream that I was in a wide open field of grass - some trees, a few bushes. I was crouched down behind a bush - watching over my shoulder, frantically typing an email on a lap top. Because what else would I be doing in a wide open field, hiding behind a bush but sending emails?

Next, I was stuck with a bunch of other people between two train platforms. All we wanted to do was get to the restaurant and we kept going back and forth between the two platforms - underground, above ground, back underground, above ground. We could see the restaurant but we couldn't figure out how to get to it. And the thing about the revolving doors is that they were going so fast that you had to time it perfectly, kind of like jumping into a jump rope being twirled, otherwise you got squashed.

Next, I was at home - although it was different than my current home. It was a house, not a condo and there were windows, huge ones, everywhere. Someone was after me. Now this is a typical dream for me - recurring - I am in a house and someone is after me. I hide in the closet or in the attic after I run around the house trying to lock windows and doors - sometimes I run away from the house. It is always night and it is always a man after me. This time, it was broad daylight and it was a woman. I locked all the windows but she was in the house already. She came after me with a giant silver butcher knife.

I kicked the shit out of her.

What does any of this mean?

2 comments:

niobe said...

Melatonin gives me bizarre dreams too. Which is why I am never going to take it again.

Nina said...

Who do you supposed that woman in your dream was? I have a pretty good idea... (Also melatonin does tend to give people weird dreams).