What is one to do at a spa, after dark, when alone and not feeling like wandering the property in the dark, and when not signed up for any activity? Blog I guess. I know, I should be disconnected - but I am, my cell phone and blackberry don't work here - except in one area. Which is fine cause the property is cell phone free except in the designated cell phone area and your room. Well, mine doesn't work in my room. My phone sucks.
Anyway, so here we are, feeling sort of cut off from the world (ahem, but aren't you blogging? Yes, and talking to myself in my head apparently.). Why is it that a lack of phone service makes me feel so cut off when I have, hello, access to everything and everyone I could want to talk to through my computer? Who knows.
So day one was really half of a day. I got here, had lunch, went through orientation, unpacked, walked around the property 3 times to get oriented, got lost once or twice, reviewed the program schedule, got signed up for my Monday and Tuesday activities, had dinner, some excellent tea, chatted with a friend, made a few phone calls in the designated area, bought a hat cause I forgot mine, and showered. Now I am relaxing.
Tomorrow I am going to get up early (probably super early cause my body is on Central time, go for the 2 mile fitness walk at 7, I am all signed up to jump off the pole at 12:30 (in the boiling hot desert sun), and then I am going to do reflexology in the evening. Somewhere I have to squeeze dinner in around my spa appointment. Oh, the problems I have!
This bed, is like laying on a cloud. I mean, if I imagine what laying on a cloud would be like. I actually like my bed to be more firm, but I'll give it a whirl, maybe I'll like the could like, floaty, sinky, cushiony, fluffy feeling.
I think I can hang like this. This right here folks, is what I have been waiting for.
Good night. I'll report back on what sleeping on a could is like.
Oh, and you know what else I love about this place? They tell you what is in everything you eat. Calories, fat, protein and carbs. Everything - they tell you. It's like a dream come true for my almost eating disorder having self. Now, I am not making light of this - it's a serious problem, and it borders on serious for me from time to time. I'm just saying - it sure beats having to figure it out yourself.
Okay, good night. Really you know I am not going to bed. Really I am going to email people and read blogs. But good night to you in case you are going to bed.
I bet you can guess that the chocolate mousse was only so so - I suspect that it was not made with butter, heavy whipping cream and eggs. I bet not.
And I am in a goofy mood. Can you tell? See ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment