Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pre-packing

I am a pre-packer when it comes to going on vacation.  I am also an over packer.  So, I pre-pack to make sure I can fit everything and to eliminate as much as possible.  This way, hopefully I end up with something reasonable.  I have already started trying to figure out what to take to London, which may be a bit on the early side.  Do I really need two handbags?  What about an extra coat like thing with a fun fuzzy collar?  How about the suede boots?  And the jewelry, do I need that?  What about the couple of extra outfits for going out at night?

What have I gotten myself into?

I really don't know what to expect from this trip, so I am trying to go into it with an open mind and no expectations.  I haven't seen this person in 12 years, though we have stayed in contact on and off over the years and recently via Skype.  I just don't want it to be weird so I am trying not to assume that it will be.  He is taking the week off of work so I am sure we will go see lots of things in London.  It's been a long time since I've been there.  The only thing is, we will pretty much be spending the entire time together since he is off of work.  I am definitely feeling nervous about this.  I think at first it will be weird and then the weirdness will go away.  We'll see!  I won't have my computer so I won't be posting while I am there, but hopefully I will come back with lots of pictures!

No comments: