Thursday, March 01, 2012

Grocery shopping with my father

Uh, a nightmare. Normally I come home to visit and I spend about two lunches worth of time with my father. That's about four hours max. I've been here for about that long and all I can think of is the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard. I'm here to help my dad who is dealing with some medical issues. To be fair he is trying really hard. This is going to test my patience. Also to be fair, this is the most time he has spent with me in 15 years as well so he probably doesn't quite know what to do. We usually talk about the weather. We have 10 days. We are going to run out of things to talk about. Sometimes I think he has forgotten how old I am.

And no we haven't had the talk yet about how I am marrying my high school boyfriend. Eek.

No comments: