We are taking a pre-honeymoon to the spa at the end of May. I say pre-honeymoon because there will be another one next year when we have a wedding with family and friends in my home town. I think it's important that we go somewhere this year though. I've already started thinking about what goes into planning something like the wedding next year and I feel stressed out. Yikes.
Now I am trying to decide whether I need to make this ceremony in NY on the 17th of May more special some how, like rewrite the wedding vows, have someone from my family come, get married in the park instead of the city clerks office. I never thought I would be one to hate planning a wedding, but I can tell already that it's not my cup of tea. I know there are people who get a kick out of planning things like this, and honestly, I can't really afford to pay someone to plan it for me since we will be paying for a good chunk of it ourselves. That stresses me out also. I want the perfect day and all of that, I just don't want to plan it. Who would have guessed. I started looking for places in Ann Arbor to have the wedding and I started putting together a list of who I would invite because the venue I am interested in would like a head count to give me a cost estimate. There really isn't a great hotel in Ann Arbor so I am thinking of going slightly outside of Ann Arbor about 20 minutes. This place is in the running: http://www.stjohnsgolfconference.com/weddings/index.cfm.
I did find a dress to wear though which I think is appropriate for the day. Not too wedding like but in ivory and pretty. It is knee length and sleeveless with some beading on it. More than I wanted to spend but that seems to be the theme of everything lately. That and stress. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment