This was a weird weekend for me. I didn't really have anything I had to do - well, besides go to work tomorrow, but I mean other stuff. Normally I have to go grocery shopping, go to Target, pay bills, do laundry, clean, stop at the dry cleaner - that kind of stuff. This weekend, for some odd reason, I didn't have to do any of those things. I didn't need to run errands, because you know, I'm not allowed to shop. I do have two pair of pants to return - but God forbid I leave the store having spent more than I returned - so I am waiting until the 25th to do the returns. And I don't really need to buy food because as I said, I am going to attempt to eat the food in my house these next two weeks, for the most part anyway.
So, when you don't have anything else to do, that's when you organize the button box. You know, the box where you stick the buttons and thread when you cut tags off of your new clothes - that box. Yes folks, we are organized on every level over here at my house. I could have been a professional organizer. I don't sit around very well. I like to be doing something - I like to be productive which is part of what scares me about taking a leave...more on that later...(I know, I keep saying that...more on that later...tomorrow I am going to post about it).
I don't think I'm a neat freak - but my house is clean. "Dirty" to me is probably most peoples' clean. I don't like clutter and small stuff laying around or piles of stuff and I generally don't have tons of stuff anyway. Things are neat and organized and clean. It's just my cat and I living here so how messy can it get? Not very. Though I will admit, I am not a neat bathroom person. My bathroom counter can be trashed within one day of cleaning it. Products every where - 6 things that go on my face, hair products, lotion, hair stuff - I put none of it away right after I use it - it's just a mess. I don't like sharing bathrooms with people. Actually, I don't like sharing homes with people. My ex-fiance and I used to kid around that we would need to two condos next door to each other so that we could each have our own. I don't like someone else in my house, putting crap where it doesn't go, leaving messes for me to clean up, putting cheese in the wrong drawer - because you know, the cheese goes in the cheese drawer people.
Anyway, I do sit around sometimes - I do watch t.v. - but I Tivo everything and then selectively catch up, skipping all commercials. And rarely do I spend hours just sitting there. I don't know what I would do if I had to be home to watch something. That would be like not having Internet - I couldn't live. I would have to give up t.v. because it is simply unacceptable to have to be home to watch something when it's on. It's great to be able to skip all commercials. I am one of those people that used to get up during commercials and do something else - like you know, vacuum half of a room during a commercial break and then vacuum the other half during the next one, and then unload the dishwasher during the next one and then change the cat litter during the next one...like I said, I don't always sit still well.
So, I did in fact clean and organize the button box today. And, no, I didn't buy anything.
Tomorrow I will post on the status of my taking a leave. Until then...have a good night! Oh, and have you noticed that I seem to be in a bit of a better mood lately? I've noticed. Brace yourselves, that means I will soon be crashing to the bottom again and we will have to scrape me up off the floor. I sort of wish I tracked it better - my mood cycles - but I would hate to have to go back through the blog to figure it out. How many weeks between crashes and how long the happy place lasts - I just don't know. But for now I am going to enjoy it - even though the higher you go, the farther you have to fall.
3 comments:
I am with you on the cheese drawer and on the TiVo-- can't stand commercials, can't stand watching anything live for that exact reason.
But my clean would totally be your dirty, and if you have nothing to do you can come over and organize me into making it your clean... I make attempts some days, but I fail most.
I have a button box too. And I used to be a professional organizer. If you could see what my apartment looks like right now, you would laugh your ass off.
I throw my buttons away, but I admire your button box.
And here's hoping that this week finds both of us in a better space.
Post a Comment