There really isn't anything nutritious about it. And I don't even have fruit to put on it. But the thing is, when I get home at 8, when I work 12 hours and then get home late, I don't feel like cooking. Cereal is quick, easy, it doesn't make a mess. It's basically just filler - just something to put in my stomach. For the most part, I don't miss being in a relationship - I'm really quite fine with not having to accommodate someone else all the time. BUT - it would be nice if I had someone to procure food for me. I would love it if someone stuck a plate of food in front of me when I got home, and then they left and took their snoring, annoying habits, etc. elsewhere. But I don't have a boyfriend, or a cook. So, cereal it was, again. Actually, last night, I had cereal and chips and salsa. Yeah. It's too bad that I really like cooking - because it's hard to find the time. And I really like to cook for other people more than for myself, but I have no one to cook for.
And I'm not complaining about the working - no, not me. But the thing is, I really don't like working this much. But I'm not complaining because one minute I'm too slow then I'm too busy, then too slow, then I'm drowning with no end in sight. That's just how it goes. And I need the hours. But there is one thing I don't like about it - when I work like this, I lose touch with everything. I just get in a zone and I just numb out. I can't even tell you how I feel right now, or how I've felt this week - am I happy, anxious, depressed, content, I don't have the faintest idea. I can't even access it.
It used to be that I loved it when I got this busy. I work well under pressure. I used to like it - it was like a drug. I could use my job to numb out for a while. I don't like it anymore. I like a little more down time. I like to be in touch with what's going on with me. I like to at least have an awareness of how I feel and where I'm at mentally. Because you know what will happen, I'll be so busy that a few weeks go by unnoticed and just when I feel in the groove of what I'm doing, and I'm so busy that I've basically forgotten that I'm not feeling anything - I'll be impaled by an emotion. It's happened before, many times. And the problem with those kinds of emotions - those that hit right when you don't feel anything - they feel like they can kill you.
Anyway, things are good - just busy. I'll try to keep up on posting, it's just that sitting in front of a computer when I get home isn't what I feel like doing. But I'll try.
4 comments:
I love cereal for dinner. If I didn't have The Sausages to cook for, I would be more than happy to eat it for 3 meals a day. I hate cooking. I just hate it.
Blech.
Hey there! I'm Sam, one of the many who Micky graced in his list. Please pardon my putting the same comment on your site that I've put on so many others.
I've copied his list (with some omission of content!) and posted in on my site, www.raanch.com. You might want to take a look, for there are 82 blogs listed there. You're bound to find a new friend to follow. Also, I'm offering to everyone the code to put the same list in a post on their site. Lastly, there's a non-link to Micky's site, where folks can post a thank you to him for his service. After all, he really helped us out by compiling this list!
Take good care!
Sam
Mmm, cereal, salsa and chips. LOL You're right though; if you had a really good high grain cereal and threw in some fruit, it certainly wouldn't be bad for you.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to reading more of yours.
I'm going to agree with lizb. Cereal (depending on the variety), milk, salsa and chips *could* be a nutritious dinner.
Are there other healthy, non-cooked, limited preparation foods that you like, so you don't have to go through the effort of cooking after a long day at work?
Post a Comment