"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Friday, February 22, 2008
What I didn't want to do tonight
Spend an hour and a half sitting on the island in my kitchen, wondering why I am so stupid that I can't figure out how to reattach the "j" on my lap top key board (home lap top, not work lap top, cause who cares about that computer anyway), after I popped it off because it was sticking (and then realized how infrequently I use that key) (and by the way, there is a lot of cat hair under this key - maybe I should pop the rest off) - during the time I intended to shoe shop online. Now I have a working "j" key and no new shoes and I suppose that's a good thing, because I was prepared to spend several hundred dollars tonight. Darn it. Not to mention, I wanted to go to bed an hour and a half ago - but having the obsessive personality that I have, I wasn't going to be able to sleep without reattaching the key. Seriously, I would have sat here for at least 3 hours working on it, if necessary, at least. Because you know in my head I was already spending several thousand dollars on a new computer and starting to freak out because what I really wanted was shoes. I'm going to bed and thank God my "j" key works, because you'll notice how many times I didn't have to use it to write this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I spilled a little bit of coffee on my laptop keyboard a little while ago, and it didn't work right for a bit. I spent some time popping off keys one by one trying to clean, cry, and reattach. After a while it turned out there was so much crap under there, it was very sad. Then I remembered those handy air blower thingies and went to get one from our secretary. she had one, but it was ancient, and ran out of steam before I was sure the job was done. Some keys still stick a little, but I am now all for those blowers. They clean but good.
I say Saturday is an excellent time for some online shoe shopping. :)
I think it was lime jello I found dried up under my alt key a few weeks back. Of course, right after I popped that key off and removed the jello, the hard drive died. I ended up with a new computer and no new shoes. (No, I didn't have that kind of money, either).
And yes, the letter j is almost as useless as the letter z. That's why j gets 8 points in scrabble.
Oh my God how pathetic am I that I know that?
Laughing at this post. Except for a certain number of names and, as Nina points out, for lime jello and scrabble, J turns out not to be all that valuable after all. There's a reason the Romans didn't even bother to include it in their alphabet. (they used I instead)
I have done that. Many times. And can never figure out how to put the key back on. You're right, you never do notice the frequency in which you use those keys until they're gone.
Post a Comment