Haven't I written this post before? Probably. But just when I think I've excelled at being unproductive, I achieve still greater depths. How is it possible to "work" from oh, say 10:30 a.m. until hmm, 7 p.m. and do all of 2 hours of work? I'm serious. The problem with a day like today - is that it wasn't like being on vacation and it wasn't like working either. Now I'm one giant ball of anxiety because I feel like I've lost control over my job in the matter of a day (you know, the job that in the scheme of things isn't important, right, at least when you think you have breast cancer again anyway, but at the moment, it is overwhelming me).
I am so anxious at the moment that I don't know what to do with it. Dare I say it could be because I haven't been to a meeting in 6 days. Well, don't tell my sponsor that because I don't want to hear about it.
So what am I going to do in order to deal with this anxiety? Pray, meditate, read a daily reading, call my sponsor, work, like I should have earlier instead of chasing my nephew around the house and baking cookies? No, I am going to build a Lincoln Log creation. There will be a photo, probably.
Edited to add: The Lincoln Log building went fabulously well. Much better than anticipated. I started out feeling pretty stressed about whether I would have enough/the right pieces. I had to make a few modifications to the architecture, but I think it works - I gave it a door where there should have been a window. The photo is going to have to wait until I get home. You know what else I like to do? Color in coloring books. I love it. I have coloring books at home. It didn't really get any stress relief from it though. Actually, after I was done, I waned to knock it down and start over because there are some other cool designs on the box.
3 comments:
A door where there should have been a window...
I'm sure there's some kind of symbolism lurking there.
That sounds like a great idea. Sometimes the dumbest tasks (and I mean that with the utmost respect to Lincoln Logs everywhere) are what relax you the most.
Me? I play solitare. Often. Or Bejeweled.
I am the master of sitting at the computer for hours and accomplishing what could be done in an hour or two. I hear you is what I am saying. and I should go do some actual work now, seeing as my boss is expecting to see it this afternoon.
Bet Lincoln logs were fun.
Post a Comment