Friday, January 04, 2008

Good times

I don't know why, but I am officially in one of the best moods I've been in in a damn long time. I'm just sitting over here in my office, laughing my butt off at what a strange, silly, good mood I'm in. The secretary that sits outside my office thinks I'm a freak - I know he is laughing at me because I am sitting in here laughing at, well, basically nothing - I am probably his daily source of amusement, and the attorney next to me probably thinks I'm mean because I keep closing his office door - but I'm sorry - if you are going to have a conference call on speaker phone and you are a loud talker - close your door. The sun and the ice on the lake are pretty - I wish I had my camera, but at least I have the view from my office. My plant in my office is alive, amazingly. I'll probably have to work this weekend, cause I've uh, done nothing today, but shop for a card, go for coffee with others, chat on IM, uh, blog, freak out unnecessarily which restored my perspective, eat really bad things and consume way too much caffeine. There is no explanation for it - I'm just in a silly good mood. Maybe because it's Friday. Maybe because the sun is out. Maybe because it's warming up. Maybe just because I am alive.

Whenever this happens (and yes it is concerning that me being in a silly good mood is such an identifiable event), I always get a little worried. Inevitably, following one of these episodes, which might last for a few hours, or perhaps a few days if I am lucky, I will crash. It's been a while since I've been in this good of a mood - I've been more down or even lately. The problem is, the happier I get, the farther I have to fall, and there will be a fall. How's that for a cheery and optimistic attitude - I can't even hardly enjoy the silliness because I am anticipating the downfall. And believe me, it isn't a slow descent, it is definitely a crash, and a hard one. I am going to have to check back through the blog for the last time this happened - I'm supposed to be tracking it for a while.

Anyway, in the meantime, I'm just over here in my office laughing.

3 comments:

Nina said...

Resist! Resist! Don't crash! I was actually pretty happy yesterday and most of today, too - by refusing to give in to the crash. No crashing. Stay happy. :-)

Magpie said...

Stay up - don't crash!!

Enjoy the moment, too.

thrice said...

Oh hun, keep laughing!!!