"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
Monday, November 19, 2007
How much time will you give it?
That of course is the question. How many minutes of this day am I going to waste on this person who is occupying my mind? I lost a lot of sleep over it and most of yesterday. How much more time am I willing to give to it? To obsessing in my head, to being angry, to wanting to tell the person off, to writing nasty emails and deleting them, wanting to explain why when why doesn't matter, trying to figure out how to stop. It's 8:25, how many more minutes am I going to give to this? I mean waste on this - how many more minutes am I going to waste?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm afraid the answer is probably something like "you give it as long as it takes". I have done the same thing - wasted a lot of head space on a person who has disappointed me or an event I can't change. However, I am not sure it's such a waste. It is part of the process of letting go. You've said this is the last time you are going to go through this - so if that's true, chew it over as much as you want. The only real waste would be to let this person back into your life.
I hope you feel better soon. I know it isn't easy.
Post a Comment