Thursday, March 27, 2008

He says there will be peacocks

I am going to the farm tomorrow - my sister-in-law's parents' farm. People always say, is it a real farm? Yes, it is.

My brother and sister-in-law seem overly nervous that I don't have a good time there - that I get bored or am uncomfortable. Well, I assure you all, I am none of those things when I go there. Secretly, I love going there. Why? Because it is the closest I ever get to being around a normal family - a normal, nice, loving, caring, did I mention normal, family. So, it's almost like I'm just borrowing them, sort of, for a few days. And maybe I seem quiet and uncomfortable because well, I feel like an intruder - because I am quietly stealing a little bit of something I never had.

Anyway, my brother called me to "warn" me of this weekend's farm activities, you know, in case I needed to make alternative arrangements - like I don't know what. I mean, I always take books. I'm perfectly content to sit in the tub with the jets on and let myself prune while reading. And play with my nephew of course. They really don't need to occupy me. Frankly, I am looking forward to two nights of sleeping without my cat standing on my head, and mostly, I am looking forward to not working. Work is just crazy lately - and I've just not posted about it. And I'm tired and I need a break. I like going there - it's nice to get out of the city. I am also going to use the opportunity to catch up on blog reading.

I am really more than happy to participate in farm activities. Unless it involves relocating meat chickens from one coup to another. But pretty much anything else, I'm game for at least once. My brother is making his own bacon this weekend - now why wouldn't I want to help do that? Anyway, tomorrow night I guess they are going to an animal auction - I think he said they were taking goats to auction. My brother says I should go, it's fun. He says there will be peacocks.

I'm bringing my camera.

Today I am grateful for all of the people out here in this blog world, in whom I have found acceptance and support - thank you!

2 comments:

Magpie said...

Making your own bacon?!? Cool.

Have fun.

Magpie said...

BTW - I've just read a mess of posts, and wanted to just offer general support - I like peeking into your life, and I hope that you find some balance with work and life and everything else.