Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You see, I am committed to this gratitude thing

Okay, I am not sure why, after all this time, I now suddenly feel the need to post what I am grateful for. I mean, I feel like I will have an anxiety attack if I don't. Every part of me doesn't want to post right now - I really just want to get ready for bed...or, alternatively, I have so many posts to write about other things and emails to return - but no - gratitude. It's almost like an OCD type compulsion - like I have to post what I'm grateful for. Have to. Crap - it's already happening - I am morphing into someone else...more later, it's been a busy week.

But, what I am grateful for today is my sister-in-law's family. They are really nice people and they have always made me feel really welcome in their home. They have invited me down to the farm many times and I always have a nice time there. Lise always makes biscuits and sausage gravy when I'm there, my favorite, and we frequently get to decorate cookies which is also my favorite, or do some other activity. I have sucky parents, as many of you know. That's the understatement of the year. I wish I had family like my sister-in-law's family. And even though I don't, I am glad I get to know them and very glad that my brother gets to have a nice family in his life. I'm grateful that I have a good relationship with my sister-in-law. It is really easy to talk to her about things - I feel like I could talk to her about anything really, and both my brother and sister-in-law have always been as supportive as they could be through everything I was going through. Without them, I would feel very alone.

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Sometimes it's just so important to remember what IS good in our lives. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day crap that we forget how far we've come.

*hugs*

Julia said...

I am glad you have them too.

Bridget said...

sorry i haven't been reading or commenting, or doing much on the computer at all lately, but we are grateful to have you in a part of our extended family as well.