Thursday, March 13, 2008

Shoes without socks

Me again, for .2. Today is going to be like yesterday, extremely busy, stressful, intense, and long. But I need to post because I need to unload the contents of my head more frequently than I am. I'm a little light on meetings (only 2 per week lately) and I'm not necessarily sharing when I go, so, I'm just keep all this shit in my head. So, just checking in here about nothing in particular.

I'm really really tired. But, I am happy report that it is going to be 52 here in Chicago today, and that means - in my book, it is officially the start of sandal season! I don't like to wear shoes, especially shoes with socks, and absolutely no nylons, ever. Now granted, I could wear shoes with no socks all winter in the office, and sometimes I do, but generally I end up wearing shoes that require socks in the winter even when I am inside all day. Not sure why. Actually, I really like to go barefoot in the office. Not all over the building, just literally in my office. I just take my shoes off under my desk, and sometimes I like to sit with my legs crossed in my chair - meditation style or whatever. Okay, I admit it, sometimes I run outside my office door to the printer with no shoes on. Sorry. My feet aren't gross though. I spend hours scrubbing the hell out of them.

I am one of those people that prefers to wear sandals, so maybe I should move to wear I never need shoes, and so I will wear them from, well, as early as is possible without freezing and/or looking like a complete fool, until, hmm, November. Today it is 38, but it will be 52 - so I wore some cute little patent leather ballet flats, no socks, and it makes me happy that I am now sitting here in my office barefoot. That shopping trip I went on last weekend - I bought 5 pair of shoes. 3 sandals and 4 shoes (maybe I will even post photos!), but I am returning one pair of shoes because I detected a slight pinch in one toe.

Okay, here we go again. Brace yourselves for another 12 hour day. I am going to try to post again tonight about some other stuff.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oy. Have a good (barefoot) work day.

Aunt Becky said...

Flipflops are the reason for my existence. I live for them.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you don't wear socks or nylons. I had a girlfriend who hated socks and never wore socks all winter in DC, and I thought it was sort of free spirited and sexy.

Bill said...

OK, let me tell you I loved your post.

There's nothing that makes a woman look more confident, free, and attractive than bare feet that are well maintained.

I would love for you to write more on this topic. I loved what you wrote and I think it's great that a professional woman is so open about this.