Tuesday, January 29, 2008

For Nina

Nina tagged me for the 7 weird things meme, so this is for Nina. Thank you for the distraction. And then I'm not posting again until next week. Keep praying, please. Get everyone to pray.

I'm not sure these things are so much weird as they are just random. Here you go:

1. I 'm obsessed with skincare and anti-aging products. I put three different products on my face every day that cost $50 each (and that's not all I put on my face every day - you don't even want to know what my skin care process involves. Let's just say it's becoming time consuming now that I've added lactic acid to the mix). Is it working? How the hell would I know.

2. When I go out of town for more than 2 nights, I unplug all the lamps in the house. The toaster is never plugged in. I have obsessive compulsive disorder, really, I do.

3. I have two coffee pots, but I don't drink coffee. I started drinking coffee when I was 8, because my dad told me it would stunt my growth and I would be shorter than I otherwise would have been. I drank it every morning from the time I was 8 until I went to law school. I'm 5 foot 9 and I don't drink coffee anymore. Did it work? How the hell would I know.

4. If I could be anything in the world - have any other job - I would be an architect. Hands down, no question. I missed my calling.

5. I'm not a shoe person, I'm a coat person.

6. My favorite foods are sushi and dark chocolate.

7. I love all things lime. If I am going to eat something artificially flavored - at the very least it has to be citrus, but preferably lime. In fact, I really like to just eat limes, until my stomach hurts. And I have an unusual liking for all things pickled. Oh, I used to drink vinegar when I was a kid.

I guess I could have done the 7 people maybe - Ellen DeGeneres, Gloria Steinem, hmm, there is one more that I'm leaving off because I don't want to say who it is, I'm distantly related to Mr. Howell from Gilligan's Island (but I never met him). Let me keep thinking on this. Edited to add: Can I count people that I stood on a street corner right next to, but was too afraid to say hello to? Scarlet Johansen and Ewen McGregor - outside of my former office in Detroit when they were filming the Island - my office building was right in the set and we stood outside and watched for hours at a time - I turned around, and almost bumped into them.

I'm tagging Rachel, okay, and Trey. I can't tag 7 people right now, I just can't.

Here's your instructions:
Link to the person who tagged you. Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share the seven most famous or infamous people you have met. Or go with the original 7 weird things about yourself. Tag 7 people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suck at this game because I never even remotely came face to face with someone famous. you win!

God, please be with L today. please let her know that you have a plan for her, and she is in your care. amen

xoxo
christen
a2 misses you!

niobe said...

Mmmmm....limes. And I thought I was the only one who liked to drink vinegar.

Magpie said...

I love lime too. All citrus, but especially lime.

Want a great recipe for pickled carrots?

And re: #4 - you don't want to be an architect. They work worse hours than lawyers and get paid squat.

Aunt Becky said...

I DRINK VINEGAR TOO. HOLY CRAP.

I thought I was nuts!

Aurelia said...

Yeah, you don't want to be architect. I'm about to abuse one with my neurotic attempt to redo my house. How about a dirt lawyer?

Em said...

Oh that is so cute about the coffee. 5'9" is a very good height, so either way it's good.

Julia said...

Very late to this-- just catching up. But I wanted to say #6-- yum! And limes too, but I do prefer lemons.